AFGHANISTAN: ORGANISATIONS & GOFUNDME PAGES TO SUPPORT IN THIS TIME OF URGENCY.
The following GoFundMe campaigns are vetted and approved by the Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security (GIWPS) and directly support at-risk Afghan women.
- Children in Conflict is providing the children of Afghanistan food, hygiene kits, and psychological first aid.
- Support humanitarian aid to internally displaced women and their families. Contribute to this GoFundMe campaign.
- Support safe houses that are protecting women in Afghanistan targeted by the Taliban. Contribute to this GoFundMe campaign.
- Afghan Aid is responding with emergency assistance where needed and supporting families who have lost their homes and livelihoods as a result of the conflict.
- Islamic relief: Afghanistan is assisting families forced to flee their homes as Afghanistan sits on the brink of famine. This June, Afghanistan officially fell into drought, making rough conditions even worse.
- The International Rescue Committee (IRC) has launched a campaign to provide lifesaving aid, provide emergency cash assistance and protection services for internally displaced people in Kabul.
- USA for UNHCR is focusing on support to those fleeing as there are already 550,000 displaced Afghans this year even before these past few weeks.
- Afghan Women and Children and Jalala foundation have teamed up to protect women and children fighting to survive following decades of war
- Enabled Children Initiative runs Window of Hope private care home in Kabul, which provides care to Afghan children and youths with disabilities from around the country. Direct aid.
- Turquoise Mountain Trust has worked in Afghanistan for over 15 years to provide a vocational training institute and primary schools, and thousands of families that visit our health clinic.
- Urgent Crisis Relief for Afghanistan 2021 is supporting the families of those putting their lives at risk and fighting for Afghanistan and displaced families.
- Support to Families Displaced by Taliban Violence is helping families experiencing extreme food insecurity, lack of access to clean water, and other necessities.
- Crisis in Afghanistan assists the work of Afghan Learning Academy, Afghan Learning Academy, who have been providing food, shelter, blankets, tents and other first aid essentials to the newly displaced families.
- Emergency Aid for Victims of the Taliban Attacks Helps Baba Mazari Foundation (BMF), who partnered with World Hazara Council, Hazara international and Hazara Committee in UK to provide emergency aid to the victims of the Taliban onslaught in different parts of Afghanistan. The money will be used to provide food and direct monetary support for these displaced families.
- Rukshana Media is a journalism group staffed by Afghan women reporting on the crisis on the ground. They are asking for money to continue paying their staff as the crisis develops.
- Sanitary Products for Displaced Afghan Women is providing period equipment to women and girls on the streets of Kabul without any access to menstrual products.
- Afghanistan: A Call For Urgent Help is providing clean drinking water, shelter, clothing, food and basic hygiene products to families in association with the Rashid Khan’s Foundation, Srow Zar Children, and the Afghan Cricket Association.